Thursday, May 22, 2008

Have You Met: Internet It Girl Cory Kennedy?

It's time for another new feature: 'Have You Met.' This segment is where I'll introduce prominent (or just plain cool) people in fashion.

First up is Cory Kennedy; she's an 18-year-old "Internet Celebrity" whose making a name for herself through modeling, but mostly partying with many other (more famous than her) celebs, from the likes of Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and [is considered to be fairly close friends with] my fave actor Emile Hirsch. I'll admit this- she's very much a "love her or hate her" gal, and most prefer the latter, but I find myself in the middle and find her quite intriguing. She's not particularly attractive (with the exception of these UD ads; unless you like the drugged-out look) and has no particular talents other than the coolness I feel she evokes. But she has turned a quirky personality and even quirkier fashion sense into a mini career; she's been featured in and modeled for Nylon magazine and was the Fall 2007 face of the hip makeup line Urban Decay. I'm not saying she's a role model, I'm just throwing her name out there because I find her really interesting.

Cory's Urban Decay advertisements

Tee designed by Cory, to buy:

http://store.uber.com/aoki

No comments: