Saturday, April 05, 2008

Tim Gunn's Guide to Spring Style & More

So sorry for the wait, but without further adue...

A few weeks back I had the pleasure of attending a fashion show and book signing event with the infamous Mr. Tim Gunn; (he was wearing a gray suit with a white shirt and a pink and navy stripped tie.) And here is his take on spring fashion:


Shirtdress: "Simple; looks good on everyone, no matter what shape."

Tips:

  • Wear it open, belt tied in the back, with jeans and a tee.
  • To dress it up add your own belt.

Kneeshort: "Flattering and appropriate."

Tips:

  • For this season, wear it with a billowy eyelet top.
  • Adding a belt over a simple tee, with these shorts, dresses them up.

Safari Jacket: "Very trendy this season."

Tips:

  • Great with skinny capris, be careful when wearing it with cargo shorts.
  • Bucket hats in a similar color family are great with this look.

Polka Dot Dress: "You'll look alive."

Tips:

  • For day: a simple gray jacket and flats.
  • For night: add a belt, clutch, and heels.

Anorak: "A big thing now... sporty chic"

Tips:

  • Great with wide leg pants.
  • Is even trendier in a bright color, like yellow.

Here are a few things he had to say:


Me: What was your response to the SNL Project Runway skit?

Tim Gunn: [Laughs] I loved it; I knew abut it before hand, though. But, I thought Amy Poehler was great as Christian, spot on. Two nights before, two men from Saturday Night Live came up to me and said "You're gonna be on the show" and I said, "No I'm not." [laughs] but they just wanted to take a look and make sure they got my glasses right!

-On Project Runway:

  • "Jillian usually finished last."
  • "Heidi doesn't even know where the workroom is."
  • "I got used to hearing 'fierce,' after awhile it looses its potentcy. But Christian is amazing, when we met him at the auditions, he was one of the last ones, and I doubted him because of his age, but he is definately his generation's Marc Jacobs."
  • His least favorite contestants: Season 1- Wendy Pepper; 2- Zulema Griffin; 3- Vincent Libretti "Vincent made me want to pluck my eyes out;" 4- Victorya Hong "Was always crabby; luckily she left before the WWE challenge, I can't image what she would have done with that!"
  • Does not talk to, or influence the judges at all.

-On Other Things:

  • "Helen Mirren is the most exqiusetly dresses older woman ever."
  • "Cleavage is forgiving, older women need to show more."
  • "You really want to know my favorite color? Well I love the color of limestone, but it should never be worn."
  • He said "Bling!"

All clothing: http://www.lizclaiborne.com/home/index.jsp

No comments: